Hormones are the body’s chemical messengers, ensuring that everything is working as it should. Of course, some hormones have single jobs to do, while others are responsible for a host of functions. Falling into the latter category is growth hormone (GH, somatotropin), a hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland. For people who have low GH levels, human growth hormone therapy can help. In this report, we look at the HGH benefits and side effects that you can expect when you receive HGH treatment in Houston, TX.
Our section on HGH benefits will highlight the many ways that human growth hormone therapy improves the body’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. You will learn how you can enhance your appearance, brain functions, productivity, and health by returning your growth hormone levels to a state of proper balance.
In the section on HGH side effects, we will discuss the safety of human growth hormone therapy. We will also explain why some people experience side effects from HGH injections, what they are, and how to avoid them.
Get the facts about HGH benefits and side effects from our hormone doctors in Houston, TX.
HGH Benefits for Adults with Growth Hormone Deficiency in Houston, TX
As we explore the topics of HGH benefits and side effects, it is essential to point out that we are discussing only doctor-prescribed HGH therapy in this section. The only legal and safe use of HGH injections is for the treatment of medically diagnosed growth hormone deficiency. You can learn more about the diagnosing of growth hormone deficiency in our report: HGH Deficiency Testing.
When a hormone specialist prescribes human growth hormone therapy to adults, the following HGH benefits are possible:
- Deeper, more restful sleep
- Better energy and stamina
- Increased lean muscle mass
- Improved cellular regeneration with benefits for the bones, muscles, skin, hair, nails, and organs
- Sharper brain functions and memory
- Better focus and motivation
- Increased productivity
- Enhanced immune system functions
- Quicker healing from injury and illness
- Stronger bones
- Thicker, firmer skin with a visible decline in wrinkles and sagging
- Sharper vision, including night vision
- Improved exercise capacity and results
- Better organ functions
- Faster, thicker hair and nail growth
- Possible return of natural hair color
- Reduced blood pressure
- Lower LDL and total cholesterol levels
- Decreased sensitivity to changes in temperature
- Enhanced sexual desire, functions, performance, and pleasure
- Reduced feelings of depression
- Better overall mood, outlook, and quality of life
Another benefit of balancing HGH levels is the reduced risk of developing the following conditions:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Metabolic syndrome
- Type 2 diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
The many HGH benefits can have quite a positive impact on a person’s life.
Possible HGH Side Effects and How to Reduce the Risk
The benefits of HGH therapy make it sound so good that many people would want to begin using HGH injections. However, HGH therapy is only safe when it is medically necessary due to growth hormone deficiency. Taking HGH for any other purposes, such as bodybuilding, anti-aging, or athletic enhancement will result in potentially dangerous side effects.
The primary cause of HGH side effects is increasing growth hormone levels in the blood to a state higher than normal, and can result in the following:
- High cholesterol levels
- Internal organ and heart enlargement
- Muscle, joint, or nerve pain
- Fluid retention resulting in swelling in the tissues (edema)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Increased insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes
- Tingling and numbness in the skin
- Male breast enlargement (gynecomastia)
If side effects of HGH occur, the doctor can lower the dose until they disappear, and then increase it again in gradual increments. You can avoid HGH side effects by using human growth hormone injections as prescribed.
For more information about HGH benefits and side effects, please contact our hormone clinic in Houston, TX, for a free, no-obligation, confidential consultation.